INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY CENTRE OFFICE OF THE DEAN(R&D) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,BOMBAY.
Circular No. 30/2017
RECRUITMENT FOR PROJECT
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary
for the sponsored project
of this Institute. The
temporary initially for a period of
and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
16MNRE002 :""National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) Phase-II""
(Ministry of New And Renewable Energy)
About the project: Applications are called for the post of Chief Technical Officer of National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education, IIT Bombay.
Position & Salary
Chief Technology Officer (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.100000 - 132000 + Rs.12000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
The applicant must have a Ph.D. in a relevant branch of engineering, and at least 20 years experience working in industry, of which 10 years should have been in PV solar-related industry. The candidate should also have experience working in a silicon semiconductor industry, and be familiar with manufacturing, quality and reliability issues. The candidate should have an excellent knowledge of state-of-the-art in various aspects of PV. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in industry both in India and abroad, and have worked in both cell/module manufacturing and BOS.
The Chief Technical Officer of NCPRE will, inter alia, be responsible to:
- Evaluate the recent developments in PV and allied technologies in India and internationally, and assess their impact on the R&D activities of NCPRE
- Meet the higher echelon of management of PV companies in India to describe NCPRE activities and explore opportunities for collaboration
- Solicit and receive inputs from PV industries in India and internationally about possible joint activities
- Co-ordinate with faculty and research staff of NCPRE about industry-relevant R&D
- Develop a methodology for providing a quick turnaround for joint projects between PV industry and NCPRE
- Prepare an annual newsletter on R&D Capabilities at NCPRE for circulation to industry
- Co-ordinate with the IAP Manager about R&D activities with industry affiliates
- Co-ordinate with the Laboratory Manager about NCPRE lab capabilities and status
- Any other technology-related activity as requested by the PIs .
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the
. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at
on or before
21st February, 2017
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website. Candidates called for interview will be
required to attend at their own expenses.
Asstt. Registrar (R&D)
1.All Heads/In-charges of the Departments/Schools/Centres/Sections.