INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY CENTRE OFFICE OF THE DEAN(R&D) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,BOMBAY.
Circular No. 44/2017
RECRUITMENT FOR PROJECT
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary
for the sponsored project
of this Institute. The
temporary initially for a period of
and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
16MNRE002 :""National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) Phase-II""
(Ministry of New And Renewable Energy)
Position & Salary
Sr. Project Engineer (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.50000 - 70000 + Rs.6000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
The applicant must have a Ph.D. in solar photovoltaics (PV), and at least 7 years experience in solar PV (including masters and Ph.D. durations). The applicant should have worked in silicon solar cells and/or modules, including fabrication and characterization using PL, EL, I-V, UV-Vis, etc., and have publications in leading journals and conferences. The candidate should also have experience working in a silicon PV industry. Preference will be given to candidates who have their master?s and/or doctoral degrees from leading academic institutes in the country.
The Senior Project Engineer will, inter alia:
1. Participate in research on various aspects of PV module reliability and soiling
2. Be in charge of the NCPRE Module Laboratories, and ensure the smooth functioning of the labs and equipment therein
3. Be in touch with and co-ordinate with all users of the Module Laboratories, and facilitate their usage of the equipment
4. Develop and maintain ?Standard Operating Procedures? for all equipment
5. Identify the need for any new equipment, and assist in their purchase
6. Organize and co-ordinate field surveys of module and power plant performance which will be conducted by NCPRE from time to time
7. Undertake training of new personnel who wish to work in the laboratory
8. Interact with and assist industries who want to use the equipment in the Module Laboratories
9. Evaluate recent developments in PV technology, and assess their impact on the R&D activities of the NCPRE Module group
10. Prepare quarterly reports for activities (reliability as well as soiling) in the Module Laboratories
11. Participate in activities of the Silicon Fabrication group, as and when required
12. Co-ordinate with the IAP Manager about R&D activities with industry affiliates
13. Co-ordinate with the Laboratory Manager about equipment status and requirements
14. Any other technology-related activity as requested by the PIs
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the
. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at
on or before
27th March, 2017
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website. Candidates called for interview will be
required to attend at their own expenses.
Asstt. Registrar (R&D)
1.All Heads/In-charges of the Departments/Schools/Centres/Sections.