INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY CENTRE OFFICE OF THE DEAN(R&D) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,BOMBAY.
Circular No. 43/2017
RECRUITMENT FOR PROJECT
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary
for the sponsored project
of this Institute. The
temporary initially for a period of
and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
16MNRE002 :""National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education (NCPRE) Phase-II""
(Ministry of New And Renewable Energy)
Position & Salary
Sr. Project Engineer (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.50000 - 70000 + Rs.6000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
The applicant must have a Ph.D. in power electronics with emphasis on solar photovoltaic (PV) applications, and at least 7 years experience in power electronics and solar PV (including masters and Ph.D. durations). The applicant should have worked on inverter designs for a range of PV-connected systems (both grid connected and stand-alone) and have publications in leading journals and conferences. The candidate should also have experience working in a power electronics industry. Preference will be given to candidates who have their master?s and/or doctoral degrees from leading academic institutes in the country.
The Senior Project Engineer will, inter alia:
1. Participate in research on various aspects of power electronics solutions for PV connected systems
2. Be in charge of the NCPRE Power Electronics Laboratory, and ensure the smooth functioning of the labs and equipment therein
3. Be in touch with and co-ordinate with all users of the NCPRE Power Electronics Laboratory, and facilitate their usage of the equipment
4. Develop and maintain ?Standard Operating Procedures? for all important equipment
5. Identify the need for any new equipment, and assist in their purchase
6. Organize and co-ordinate field surveys of power plant performance which will be conducted by NCPRE from time to time
7. Undertake training of new personnel who wish to work in the laboratory
8. Interact with and assist industries who want to use the equipment in the NCPRE Power Electronics Laboratory
9. Evaluate recent developments in power electronics for renewables, and assess their impact on the R&D activities of the NCPRE Power group
10. Prepare quarterly reports for activities in the NCPRE Power Electronics Laboratory
11. Co-ordinate with the IAP Manager about R&D activities with industry affiliates
12. Any other technology-related activity as requested by the PIs
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the
. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at
on or before
27th March, 2017
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website. Candidates called for interview will be
required to attend at their own expenses.
Asstt. Registrar (R&D)
1.All Heads/In-charges of the Departments/Schools/Centres/Sections.