INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY CENTRE OFFICE OF THE DEAN(R&D) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,BOMBAY.
Circular No. 08/2018
RECRUITMENT FOR PROJECT
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary
for the sponsored project
Interdisciplinary program in Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
of this Institute. The
temporary initially for a period of
and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
About the project: "IMPLEMENTATION OF 70 LAKH SOLAR STUDY LAMPS IN THE STATES OF ASSAM, BIHAR, JHARKHAND, UTTAR PRADESH AND ODISHA (THROUGH EESL & IIT BOMBAY)" (Ministry of New And Renewable Energy)
About the project: The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India has sanctioned a scheme to disseminate 7 million solar study lamps to school children in the states of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Uttar Pradesh. The project objectives are: (a) providing clean light for study purpose to rural school-going children through solar study lamp (b) localization of solar energy through skill and knowledge transfer to local people and creating livelihoods through their involvement in assembly, distribution and repair-maintenance of solar study lamps. IIT Bombay is the central coordinating agency for this project, which will be executing by collaborating with multiple partners (NGOs, Livelihood Missions, Education Institutions, etc). To meet the objectives, the project envisions to build capacity of the local communities across the intervention states, setup and manage local assembly and distributions centers where the lamps will be made, and subsequently provide after-sales service through further localized service centers. Project duration is 2 years. A pilot implementation of the above scheme was carried out in 2014-2016 by IIT Bombay, the details of which can be found www.soulsiitb.in
Position & Salary
Senior Project Manager (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.67000 - 91000 + Rs.8000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
2.MBA (Finance/Accounting) or MCom / equivalent degree with minimum 10 years of experience of handling multiple project funds, legal aspect such as MoU, rate contract, tender and fund raising.
3.Knowledge of MS office, Tally - ERP 9.0
4. Expert in using Accounting software SAP / ERP and excellent in preparing Excel and Reports.
1. Overall planning & management of funds for multiple projects.
2. Participate in fundraising activities for various projects.
3. Prepare and allocate funds for current project activities.
4. Monitor expenditure against the allocated budget heads.
5. Coordinate with finance & accounts department at IITB.
6.Coordinate with Chartered Accountant for financial & audit matters towards timely submission of annual audited financial statement.
7. Handle any issues concerning salaries, services, purchases & other financial matters.
8. Liaison with funding agencies; preparation and submission of financial reports (Audited statement of expenditure/Utilization Certificates) to funding agencies.
9. Ensuring prompt release of funds from funding agencies.
10. Maintain financial records.
11. Verification of financial statements, ledgers and accounts, certification of invoices.
12. Guide and monitor finance team for maintenance of project finances.
13 Design proper mechanism to ensure timely and effectively utilization of funds as per plan.
14. Summarise current financial status; recommend financial actions.
15. Help to Complete financial legal requirements.
16.Any other related responsibilities.
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the
. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at
on or before
5th February, 2018
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website. Candidates called for interview will be
required to attend at their own expenses.
Assistant Registrar (R&D)
1.All Heads/In-charges of the Departments/Schools/Centres/Sections.