INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY CENTRE OFFICE OF THE DEAN(R&D) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,BOMBAY.
Circular No. 21/2018
RECRUITMENT FOR PROJECT
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary
for the sponsored project
Energy Science and Engineering
of this Institute. The
temporary initially for a period of
and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
About the project: The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India has sanctioned a scheme to disseminate 7 million solar study lamps to school children in the states of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Uttar Pradesh. The project objectives are: (a) providing clean light for study purpose to rural school-going children through solar study lamp (b) localization of solar energy through skill and knowledge transfer to local people and creating livelihoods through their involvement in assembly, distribution and repair-maintenance of solar study lamps. IIT Bombay is the central coordinating agency for this project, which will be executing by collaborating with multiple partners (NGOs, Livelihood Missions, Education Institutions, etc). To meet the objectives, the project envisions to build capacity of the local communities across the intervention states, setup and manage local assembly and distributions centers where the lamps will be made, and subsequently provide after-sales service through further localized service centers. Project duration is 2 years. A pilot implementation of the above scheme was carried out in 2014-2016 by IIT Bombay, the details of which can be found www.soulsiitb.in
Position & Salary
Sr. Project Technical Assistant (2 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.30000 - 42000 + Rs.4000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
BE/BTech/MA/MSc/MCA/MBA or equivalent degree OR
BA/BSc or equivalent degree with 2 years relevant experience
1. Provide testing support to technical team, interacting with suppliers & obtaining material required for testing, filing & maintaining records related to technical aspects etc.
2. Willingness to travel. Any other related responsibilities, as assigned.
Position & Salary
Assistant Project Manager (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.40000 - 56000 + Rs.5000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
1.MBA In Rural management / Development Studies/ MSW/ Post Graduate in Social Sciences or B Tech with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Off grid Decentralized Renewable Energy enterprise development for rural areas with thorough knowledge about government schemes specifically pertaining to MSME, SHGs, Rural Development
2.Experience of Research and Policy advocacy in Renewable Energy Market, micro Finance; enterprise financing will be preferred.3.Experience of working in ground level activities, market creation and sustainable initiatives will be preferred
1. Execution of social enterprise activities in the intervention state.
2. Closely working with the operations, State In-charge and zonal in-charge in planning and executing Enterprise activities; Conducting assessment or related studies for enterprise activities in coordination with zonal partners.
3. Create Appropriate Linkages with Financial institutions for financing grass root level entrepreneurs; Plan, execute and monitor the fund flow and documentation (book keeping) activities of the company; Forging partnerships with relevant stakeholders for expansion.
4. Identification of potential entrepreneurs in all zones; Conducting trainings for entrepreneurs; Liaising with potential suppliers of solar products and facilitating linkages with the entrepreneurs.
5. Manage and optimize the day to day operations of the new enterprises including inventory, purchasing and supplies of materials. Overseeing the requirement of human resources, hiring and ensuring proper work allotment to the staff.
6. Willingness to travel to project location.
Position & Salary
Project Manager (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.50000 - 70000 + Rs.6000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
1.M Tech in Energy science, or equivalent degree with 4 yrs
2.MSW/MBA or equivalent degree. Minimum 6 years experience of working in
ground level activities, market creation, and sustainable initiatives.
1. Planning and management of social enterprise development activities in 5 intervention states
2. Design and develop strategies leading towards the sustainability of the intervention in both energy access as well as livelihood generation; Translate strategies to implementable plans
3. Design mechanisms to identify and promote entrepreneurship among the local communities in intervention blocks
4. Coordinate with Zonal partners and Block Level Agencies
5. Strategies to facilitate adoption and assimilation of solar technology by intervention community
6. Identification of various government schemes/funds to facilitate enterprise activity
Coordination with training team in order to develop and provide required training (technical and entrepreneurship) to the selected
7. Develop connections between potential supplier of solar products with the identified entrepreneurs
8. Work with block level partners to promote solar vertical on the platform built through this project
9. Planning market survey to assess the demand of the solar products; plans to develop the solar market at the regional level
10. Mentor and lead the Social Enterprise Team
11. Explore possibilities to continue/ expand the localization of technology, including retailership, distribution networks, and manufacturing units
12. Willingness to travel to project locations
13. Any other related responsibilities, as assigned
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the
. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at
on or before
7th March, 2018
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website. Candidates called for interview will be
required to attend at their own expenses.
Sr. Asstt. Registrar (R&D)
1.All Heads/In-charges of the Departments/Schools/Centres/Sections.