INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY CENTRE OFFICE OF THE DEAN(R&D) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,BOMBAY.
Circular No. 135/2018
RECRUITMENT FOR PROJECT
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following temporary
for the sponsored project
Centre for Urban Science & Engineering (C-USE)
of this Institute. The
temporary initially for a period of
and tenable only for the duration of the project. The requisite qualification & experience etc. are given below:
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
RD/0114-MHRD0A0-025 :"C-USE Establishment of Centre (FAST)"
About the project: This is an MHRD project for establishing a CoE for research and educational practices.
Position & Salary
Project Assistant (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.18000 - 26000 + Rs.2500.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
BA/BSc/BCom/BBA or equivalent
Knowledge of computer applications, Secretarial experience Candidate should have: Excellent communication and bookkeeping skills.
Managing day to day schedule and working of the project;
Responding to emails;
Keeping track of progress reports and files;
Assisting with purchases and other institutional processes;
Managing bill settlements and reimbursements;
Making arrangements for meetings, travel, etc.;
Coordinating and working effectively with other offices such as IRCC, Maintenance units, Guest House, etc.
Position & Salary
Senior Project Executive Officer (1 Post
) Consolidated salary Rs.100000 - 132000 + Rs.12000.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
PhD with minimum 8 years relevant experience or MBA/MTech/Masters degree in
Health related professions, with minimum 12 years relevant
experience or equivalent. The candidate should have sufficient experience
in managing large activities/centers/projects at
higher/middle level managerial /scientific/academic positions (to be drawn
up as per the specific requirement of project). This is a
leadership position involving effective management of a team, with
initiative & independence, to achieve desired results.
Candidate should have knowledge/experience in working with GoI funding
agencies like MHRD, DST (at least 5 years). Project
Management experience in a GoI/public sector unit shall be an added
- Project management in close coordination with PIs, in terms of handling the finances, recruitment and overall coordination with participating faculty members, visitors, and experts;
- Networking with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), Governmental Agencies, Foundations and funding organisations;
- Interfacing with international delegations and partners;
- Coordinating the project activities at various platforms for developing research and educational linkages,
- Coordinating visits and talks by eminent speakers;
- Managing seminars, workshops and other events;
- Compiling reports and handling communications,
- Preparing presentations and informational materials,
- Preparing or assisting with documentation for grant proposals and collaborations,
- Managing external and internal liaising activities.
The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the
. The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Candidate possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply online at
on or before
16th April, 2018
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview and will also be displayed on IRCC website. Candidates called for interview will be
required to attend at their own expenses.
Sr. Asstt. Registrar (R&D)
1.All Heads/In-charges of the Departments/Schools/Centres/Sections.